The trend is that more festivals make an effort to make the kids feel as welcome as the grown-ups. Why not visit a festival on your next family vacation? Our favorite festivals and annual happenings for kids in all ages. We hope to hear about your best tip as well.
USA, Houston: Houston Childrens Festival – Shows, concerts and a lot of fun for kids. Check their web page: Houston Childrensfestival
NORWAY, Oslo: Mini-ØYA , a music festival dedicated for families and kids. The volume is lower than in an ordinary festival, but the feel-good atmosphere is great for both kids and grown-ups with a lot of activities in addition to the concerts (such as theaters, crafting station, dance performances and more). The favorite amongst our little troupers. We highly recommend you to put it on your to-do-list. Read more
When flying with kids follow these 5 small hints and advices to make the trip better for all of you
1. Inform the kids about the different stages of the trip in advance (We are first taking the car to the airport, where the check-in and security lines are waiting. We are going on to the plane just after we have had a bite to eat, and we will have to sit in our seats all the way to fast the seatbelt signed is turned off ….). If you have managed to book the seats in advance this is the time to also agree upon who will have the window seat and who will sit next to who.
2. Bring some snack, wet wipes and an extra set of clothes (that include clothes also for yourself)
3. Hide some toys a few days/weeks before the traveling date and bring it with you as a nice surprise when your kid is getting restless in his/her seat. A IPAD or another game console can be a blessing on longer flights.
4. Try to avoid the earliest/latest departures (A tired kid is often a whining kid)
5. Arrive early at the airport for a calm check-in/security check and to give the kids some time to explore on the airport (look at planes, follow the luggage, talk to a pilot, eat an ice cream….)
+ 3 Kids Travel Tip: Traveling with small children but do not have seats next to each other? They will many times not be able to help you at the airport, but do not worry too much about it. The flight attendants are used to this and will assist you as soon as you are on board. Enjoy your flight!